ABOUT THE CITY OF ADELAIDE
The Clipper Ship City of Adelaide Ltd (CSCOAL) is a volunteer run, not for profit organisation, dedicated to preserving the historic 1864 City of Adelaide, and making it the centre-piece of a seaport village in Port Adelaide's inner harbour.
Donations are welcome and may be sent to CSCOAL, PO Box 535, Kent Town SA 5071.
Clipper Ship City of Adelaide Museum Fund Foundation
Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Donate here
Clipper Ship City of Adelaide Ltd
ABN 65 134 550 388
Trustee for Clipper Ship City of Adelaide 1864 Preservation Fund ABN 84 036 940 231
City of Adelaide Preservation Trust
The Board of CSCOAL comprises of:
Hon. Chairman, Creagh O'Connor AM
Directors Peter Christopher, Mark Gilbert, Tom Chapman and Richard Smith
Scottish co-ord: Rosemary McKay
Constructed in 1864 to carry passengers to Adelaide South Australia.
An estimated 250,000 Australians can trace their ancestry to the City of Adelaide.
Of composite construction (iron frame with timber hull) it was the pinnacle of sailing ship design.
Older of only 2 surviving composite clipper ships.
Made 23 return voyages from England to South Australia
Among the fastest clippers on the London—Adelaide run, sharing the record of 65 days with Yatala, which was later broken only by the Torrens.